Fill out the survey to order 52+Joker Club Decks

Have questions or comments about the site?
Bradius
Collector: Yes
Player: Yes
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Re: Fill out the survey to order 52+Joker Club Decks

Unread post by Bradius »

Okay, I ordered back when they first made them available, so I was in the same boat, but have a totally different take on it.

I think Doug just got the decks together to ship out just about now anyway, so all the orders got held up to now anyway. Then, he can't like get them all packaged to ship out all on the same day. Keep in mind it is just one guy.

That brings me to my second point. Doug is doing this as a volunteer for the club. He isn't making any money off of all this work. Frankly, I am just glad I get my decks. I am glad the club makes the effort to get artists like Lotrek to design the club deck and EPCC to print them in cold foil! The deck is really both an expression of what is now possible as well as a bit of a fund raiser for the club. So, I am just grateful for whenever my stuff arrives.

Truth be told, I didn't get my full order. At first I was afraid half my order was lost in shipping as my box was in sorry shape and almost completely open. However, in communicating with Doug, he didn't get word on the size of my order. In my case, that was perfectly reasonable as I first ordered 3 decks and then a day later decided to add another three decks to the order based on instructions I got from Steve. Given the communication channels and tracking processes, it didn't seem to surprise me. I was just glad three decks weren't lost in transit. My other decks will get to me when they get to me.

I didn't get a tracking number, but they were shipped priority mail. So, if your decks don't arrive in a week or so, just email Doug and he can probably get you your tracking number. I hope the USPS doesn't treat your package like they did mine. Even with the box in the sad state it was, my decks were actually in good condition. Also, Doug was smart and taped the bubble wrapped decks directly to the inside of the box, so when (In my case) the box was split open in shipping, it was unlikely the decks would fall out. That was some good packing on his part.

Oh, and six decks! That is some crazy nuts collecting on your part!
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin
White Whale: OG USPCC Vanity Fair [mint]
Decks Owned: 7800

Unread post by Mike Ratledge »

Brad, I know that he just got the decks Tuesday from our email chats last week. He told me that he had finished most of the one'sy two'sy orders on Wednesday and was packing the more complex or large orders until he got them all shipped... I asked for my two tracking numbers from him (Vegas) and Steve in California. Unfortunately they didn't help much when the second box went out to Johns Island nearly 75 miles away on the southernmost tip of Charleston County, whereas I am as far northeast as you can get without heading up to Georgetown or Myrtle Beach (and Charleston County is stretched out nearly 100 miles along the coast). The thing is that the package had the correct ZIP code, so when it showed up 35 miles southwest instead of 35 NE, it was a head-scratcher.

Anyway, I have them and by tomorrow any that do not make it to the Awendaw post office this afternoon will be mailed tomorrow. I have 14 relatively simple combinations to pack, print postage and sent. No big deal, and I am sure they will be in everyone's hands soon enough. I will end up making a couple of dollars total, but I wasn't trying to (make any money). It is a labor of love for the membership.
>Mike<
"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself"
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Members are encouraged to
Show Us Your Cards!

Our UC2021 Decks entitled
"Odd Fellows"
by Lorenzo Gaggiotti / @Stockholm17
Coming soon: AKA
«Eighth Annual Decks»

UC members help maintain Portfolio52
THE Playing Card Database Online
Contact ecNate for details and access

UC2019 "Seventh Annual Decks"
by Montenzi Design
Funded 207% on KS: HERE

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Insert disclaimer here...
All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
theCapraAegagrus

Unread post by theCapraAegagrus »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
theCapraAegagrus wrote:Damn, my membership expires after this month? That means I signed up in 2014!? Probably to get the JR Gold Club Deck. Can't believe I've been a 52+J member for 5 years already.
Yep, "time flies"! I just paid for another 3 years. It is worth the price just for the Clear the Decks printed quarterly magazine and now the monthly web-based (PDF format) Card Culture which is almost five years old already. You can also get an e-book format copy of Hochman's Encyclopedia of American Playing Cards from the Conjuring Arts Research Center for about $20 - all 4 parts + addendum / price guide update.
Yes, 52+J Club is always worth the cost of membership.
rousselle wrote:You are a fussy, picky guy.
Lotrek wrote:Given the number of morons produced in the world every day, a pessimist is actually a well informed realist.
Räpylätassu wrote:"Tyhmyydestä sakotetaan." You get fined for being stupid.
♥ ♦ Portfolio 52 Pro ♣ ♠
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Brownsi, Doug said he had already sent it tracking info ? Strange...

Here's what I see: "94055036993001xxxxxxxx

Your item was delivered to the garage or an alternate location at the address at 12:33 pm on October 28, 2019 in xxxxxxxx, Ohio"

I assume that this does not agree with your notes?
>Mike<
They say "Ignorance is bliss". Obviously, some people are much happier than others...

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

All information posted as fact is accurate at the time of posting to the best of my knowledge.
Bradius
White Whale: I do not hunt whales
Decks Owned: 4129

Unread post by Bradius »

Me Brad? I got half my order. Doug knows this and I assume will send the other three if he hasen't already done so. I don't live anywhere near Ohio, so that must be someone else. I know there is another Brad that is an avid card collector.
The Crazy Squirrel Deck Hunter - Hunt decks to extinction
brownsl
White Whale: UUSI Le Jeu De Tarot
Decks Owned: 10000

Unread post by brownsl »

Mike Ratledge wrote:Brad, Doug said he had already sent it? Strange...

Your item was delivered to the garage or an alternate location at the address at 12:33 pm on October 28, 2019 in xxxxxxxx, Ohio"

I assume this is for me? I have gotten two packages so far. One came containing the earlier year decks. I got a second package (the above referenced package) containing the older year decks but not the 2019 decks. I have never received my 2019 decks.

I had replied to my order confirmation email for those decks asking about the status and a tracking number. I did not receive that info. So they should have the order details.

I can PM you that order info, if useful.

The 2019 decks was the first order I placed. All the other decks were ordered later.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

brownsl wrote:

I assume this is for me? I have gotten two packages so far. One came containing the earlier year decks. I got a second package (the above referenced package) containing the older year decks but not the 2019 decks. I have never received my 2019 decks.

I had replied to my order confirmation email for those decks asking about the status and a tracking number. I did not receive that info. So they should have the order details.

The 2019 decks was the first order I placed. All the other decks were ordered later.
Yep, I wrote "Brad" above, so I went back and fixed it. I guess I am confused? Doug only has the later year decks, 2018 (Randy Butterfield) and 2019 / Lotrek decks, I think. Maybe wrong or perhaps has a few, but my 2015/16/17 decks came from Steve in California.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I am wondering if this project is cursed? I picked Azid as my test shipping last night because it is a mix of six decks from three years and includes the spare 6oClubs and replacement tucks for the 2016 Stutzman decks.

When I went to print the postage and customs labels, I got basically blank pages. I tried replacing the two ink cartridges that were low, and still got nada useful. This morning I removed and reset all 8 ink cartridges and I got real black and white printing...

Yours is packed, but I am changing tactics and need to pick up more Flat Rate Legal envelopes from the post, because I can ship all of the orders that way after putting the decks in either a padded or Tyvek envelope (single or two) or Small Flat Rate box (3 or more - up to 6). The one order for 8 decks will require me to get two Small Flat Rate boxes inside a Tyvek sleeve and then the legal envelope. It fits.

The rest will go out later today or early tomorrow, they are only open until 10AM Saturdays.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
brownsl wrote:

Yep, I wrote "Brad" above, so I went back and fixed it. I guess I am confused? Doug only has the later year decks, 2018 (Randy Butterfield) and 2019 / Lotrek decks, I think. Maybe wrong or perhaps has a few, but my 2015/16/17 decks came from Steve in California.
My first package contained 2014, 2015, and 2016 decks. My second package contained 2017 and 2018 decks. What I have gotten in total so far is below. Dealing with different people is confusing to me as I am not sure what the next step is. I sent another email to Steve, Doug, Pete asking if the decks have been sent. I have no package coming from Nevada, no response from Doug on my earlier email, and the website says the deck is sold out. I am starting to wonder if my order was not fulfilled and now they have no decks left.
20191101_111642_compress59.jpg
brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

brownsl wrote:
Mike Ratledge wrote:
brownsl wrote:

My first package contained 2014, 2015, and 2016 decks. My second package contained 2017 and 2018 decks. What I have gotten in total so far is below. Dealing with different people is confusing to me as I am not sure what the next step is. I sent another email to Steve, Doug, Pete asking if the decks have been sent. I have no package coming from Nevada, no response from Doug on my earlier email, and the website says the deck is sold out. I am starting to wonder if my order was not fulfilled and now they have no decks left.
The attachment 20191101_111642_compress59.jpg is no longer available
Here is my Paypal receipt for my order.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (53.94 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah, OK. Makes sense. He already had the previous decks, and you ordered the 2019 Lotrek decks separately, so he mailed the others. I didn't know Pete had any,although I mistakenly typed his name once above. Steve (California) has the earlier ones, and Doug (Henderson near Las Vegas) has the newer ones.

"Denver" Peterson is the secretary of the club.
52+Joker deck shipping is underway.

If I don't have your mailing address, please send by PM here.

Two of the first five were missing that.

Three went out before lunch...

This is much slower than expected, every order is different.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Modified Saturday afternoon with up to date numbers...

I ended up packing, printing postage and shipping 9 more boxes, and noted to myself that this seems to be excruciatingly slow. I still have two packages without mailing addresses, so 11 packed of 15. Two more people already sent me their shipping address and I responded with tracking numbers.

I will finish packing up the rest starting tomorrow morning, hopefully finish them all. If yours was shipped, I already sent you tracking information and customs numbers where applicable. 9 domestic, 1 Canada and 1 Austria (plus 2 unaddressed) so far and 41 of 45 decks total. Those remaining are all single decks.

At this point nothing will move (or show up) until Monday, maybe around 3PM when they send Priority Mail into Charleston for processing. My post office is closed and won't be open until Monday morning.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

# # # Updated Sunday morning after finding 2015 x 2 in flyers' box # # #
And - we're done. I have packed all 14 orders, although only the first few have actually shipped.

I will take the rest to the post office in Mount Pleasant tomorrow, although I suspect even that one doesn't really send things into the Charleston hub for processing until Monday.

You SHOULD have tracking information. If not, ask - I kept a copy of all the postage labels.

I ended up with two problems, one deck short on the 2019 Lotrek decks, and unfortunately my only option was to short the only person who got the most of those decks by one, so I owe you a refund for 1 deck.
The problem with 1 missing 2015 (Paul Carpenter) deck and 1 extra 2016 (Mark Stutzman) deck fixed.
Flyers' box had 2 Paul Carpenter decks and no Mark Stutzman deck.
Glad it WAS flyers' order because Azid's decks are on the way to Austria.
Other than that, I do have 1 spare 6oC card replacement for a 2016 Stutzman deck, but not an extra tuck? Check your shipment if you ordered one, and I will mail it to you.

Bummer is that I ended up about +$10, so refunding 1 deck will leave me short about $16. I am sure that the 2019 Lotrek decks are completely sold out, so I don't have any way to replace that one.

@chicken_ql - I owe you for 1 deck, so I went ahead and sent a $26 refund because I know that I got 25, but I only packed 24 that I can account for. I suppose that I just placed it outside of where I put the two bricks? (but everything else is right ) I figure that I will find the "missing" 2019 Lotrek deck...

See next post if you need the 52+Joker Club Deck from 2014 - Jackson Robinson.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

52+Joker 2014 Club Deck by Jackson for sale

2014 Jackson Robinson club deck for sale

Guys and gals, I did this fire drill for the love of playing cards, basically no profit and a
good bit of leg work to get it done. I guess you could say for the love of UC and my members.

Now that they are all packed up and ready to go, I will entertain offers for one of the OG decks of the series that I got directly from Jackson here in Charleston where I hosted the 2014 convention of 52+Joker.

I have 3 of them, all in pristine condition and hand signed by him. They are low serial numbers although a quick look into my vault didn't turn them up, but I will find them. I probably hid them from myself either when I was picking decks for the Charlotte convention - or unpacking the few I brought home. It seems unfair for me to take the first hand to raise, since I figure most of you either have one or you need one
to complete your set, assuming that you didn't get one before they sold out.

They are selling for between $150 (recent auction) and $300 (current eBay offer), but I have always said

"a deck is worth precisely what someone will pay you for it".

These pictures were stolen from recent eBay offers.
Glad to see some people take pictures as crappy as mine!
The serial number is NOT the actual one being sold. (It is a 2 digit number)

Offers? Let me know what you think. By PM, please...
Screenshot_20191103-113928_Instagram-141.jpg
Screenshot_20191103-105210_eBay-137.jpg
Screenshot_20191103-105516_eBay-139.jpg
This is NOT the actual serial number!
This is NOT the actual serial number!
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good news and bad news: when I went to drop the remaining 10 boxes at the post office, they would only take 2 of them because the printer had left about half of the information off the right 1" along the border, and the two bar codes were not scan-able.

That is the bad news. The good news is that RichK reports his arrived today, so the 4 I mailed Friday or Saturday plus the 2 today should arrive by Wednesday if not tomorrow. Better news is that I didn't drop the whole bundle in one of their big blue collection boxes because many of them would show back up here - eventually. I will reprint the labels, tape them on and try again tomorrow - if I can get the printer to work properly. Otherwise I will have to visit the Mount Pleasant FedEx Office to print them.

I told you this project was cursed. (actually I am glad they tried to scan them in while I was standing there)
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

hsbc
Cardist: Yes
White Whale: Grid 1 LE
Decks Owned: 1500

Unread post by hsbc »

Thanks for all the work you're doing to help the community out :D
P52DCIGUCr/m/52+J
guru
✔ VERIFIED Designer
✔ VERIFIED Designer

Unread post by guru »

Mike Ratledge wrote:
rousselle wrote:Soooo... those of us who ordered our smaller orders as soon as the web form allowed us to will be waiting while your order which you just placed will arrive sooner?

I guess that will teach me. Next time, I will order with you! :)
If you ordered 2019 decks (or any 2017 or later) they were very likely shipped yesterday. Mine ship today. The first box is at the post office once the driver gets back, "oversized" for my mailbox, so it says. They are open from 9-10AM tomorrow, but realistically it would not help since I need box 2 which should arrive Monday and I will likely have to pick up Tuesday.

I am not sure if they ship using Priority Mail, but probably so. If they were, anyone here in the states will probably have them tomorrow. Dave did say that he "shipped most of the small orders", so it's possible that they will arrive Saturday (or Monday).
Hey Mike,

I didn't recieve any update around the shipment of the decks and no response to the followup emails. Understand that Steve and crew might be busy etc. but I was wondering how did you get to know that yours were shipped.

Regards,
Sunish
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

guru wrote:Hey Mike,

I didn't recieve any update around the shipment of the decks and no response to the followup emails. Understand that Steve and crew might be busy etc. but I was wondering how did you get to know that yours were shipped.
I guess I had an advantage in that I was ordering $1200+ worth of decks and asked for tracking numbers in advance? Not sure - I know that they were busy as heck.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

brownsl

Unread post by brownsl »

An update to my issue ... apparently there was confusion in that they thought I would pick the decks up at the convention. I did not know that was expected or even possible to do as I placed the order before I got to the conference. When I did not, I am not sure what the process was at that point but they have shipped my decks and I should receive them in the next day or two.
Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

brownsl wrote:An update to my issue ... apparently there was confusion in that they thought I would pick the decks up at the convention. I did not know that was expected or even possible to do as I placed the order before I got to the conference. When I did not, I am not sure what the process was at that point but they have shipped my decks and I should receive them in the next day or two.
That makes sense, and saves you money. The price at the convention is slightly lower and of course does not need to include shipping.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<

Mike Ratledge
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, I kept the original thread up to date but not this one.

Everyone except Canada and overseas shipments should have their decks by Friday (yesterday) even with the postage printing problems. Fortunately I kept them all in PDF format, so reprint of those needed was easy.

Let me know if your notes don't agree with mine.
>Mike<

Show Us Your Cards!

"Odd Fellows"
«Eighth Annual Decks»

by Montenzi Design

>>> UC Deck Sales <<<